Friday, December 28, 2007

Rum Relaxer


I made this drink and gave it a taste, and it tasted, um, kinda gross. I couldn't figure out what it was, but it didn't make sense to be coming from any of the flavors in it. I tasted the rum, pineapple, and grenadine separately. All fine. I had make the "lemon lime soda" from fresh lime juice, club soda, and simple syrup, and I'd tasted it ahead of time so I knew it was fine too.

So why does this drink taste like...like...

Shit. It tastes like silicone rubber. Which is what my ice cube trays are made of. The trays I hadn't used in my last place, which had an ice maker.

I remade the drink using the regular plastic ice trays, and it was pretty tasty! Sweet and fruity without being very tart--just what you'd expect from a pink drink.

Recipe:
1.5 oz light rum (Bacardi Superior)
1 oz pineapple juice
.5 oz grenadine (homemade)
Lemon-lime soda (mixed from lime, simple syrup, and club soda until it tasted like 7-Up)

Shake rum, juice, and grenadine with ice and pour into hurricane, parfait, or 24-hrs of Adrenaline giveaway beer glass. Top with soda and garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pineapple juice and sprite itself is goooooood... but with a lil rum, WOW i can only imagine how happy i would be!!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Thanks for a great cocktail recipe
Best Christmas Rum Cocktails

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home