Friday, December 28, 2007

Rum Old-Fashioned

I'm a big fan of the classic Old Fashioned, so I was excited to try this one. The main thing I was surprised at is that there is no muddled orange in this recipe, which I think is key to the drink.

All in all, I don't think this one is worth revisiting. It's ok, but rum just is no bourbon. The 151 on top certainly mimics the bite, though.

Recipe:
.5 tsp simple syrup
Dash bitters (Regan's Orange)
1 tsp water
1.5 oz light rum (Bacardi Superior)
1 tsp 151-proof rum (Bacardi 151)

Stir sugar, bitters, and water in an old-fashioned glass. Add ice and light rum. Garnish with a twist of lime peel and float the 151 on top.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my kind of drink right here

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, You could never go wrong with rum sours!

4:50 PM  
Blogger stevenjared0853 said...

This is my favorite drink. I also make it in the similar way. In fact I have to throw a fun party for my sister’s birthday so it will be a good option. I have just booked one of garden Chicago event venues and rest of the preparations are pending.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home