Monday, October 16, 2006

Lemon Coconut Colada

It's been a while folks, but although I may not have been posting, I have been drinking. We are now moved in to our place in San Francisco, and I'm in the process of putting together an actual bar. I would consider one of those nice standalone ones you can find at places like Pottery Barn, but seriously, they seem to only hold about 5 bottles. I need much more shelf space.

Anyway, back to the drinks. This was the last one I had while we were still back in Redwood City.

I tried to find Coco Lopez, because I really needed to try something with such an interesting name, but to no avail. Instead I used canned coconut creme, which in retrospect must have been richer and sweeter than Coco Lopez, since this was the sweetest thing I've ever made. I did drink it though. I swear, I'll eat coconut creme straight out of the can. That stuff is pure sugary crack. And this drink probably has about 700 calories in it, all told.

Recipe:
1.5 oz Citrus-flavored Rum (screw that, I don't buy that stuff. Bacardi Silver.)
1.5 oz Coconut-flavored Rum (the dregs of my bottle of Malibu. It won't be replaced.)
2 oz Coco Lopez (Coconut creme. I used only about 1.5 oz, but that was still too much.)
1 oz Heavy Cream
4 oz Pineapple Juice
.5-1oz Lemon Juice

Shake all ingredients wiht ice and strain into ice-filled hurricane glass. Garnish with lemon zest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks good.

I would love to hear about the details of the creation of your home bar. I am working on something similar myself.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home