Saturday, September 09, 2006

Jamaican Crawler

I'm moving! Which means today was dedicated to packing. And that means I needed alcoholic sustenance.

Enter the Jamaican Crawler. I wasn't short on energy after drinking this sugar bomb. I should not that I don't tend to keep Midori on hand, so I substituted Peach Schnapps instead. Also, why do recipes say to "float" grenadine, when it sinks immediately to the bottom? Whatevs. Also, I found it interesting that this drink asks to be stirred--pineapple juice gets foamy when shaken.

Recipe:
1 oz Light Rum (Bacardi Silver)
1 oz Melon Liqueur (Peach Schnapps)
3 oz Pineapple juice
1 splash grenadine (homemade)

Combine first three ingredients and stir with ice. Pour into an ice-filled collins glass and float grenadine on top.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so confused. How is peach a melon?

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. I need to stop skimming. Sorry. I don't keep Midori on hand, either. I get it in the tiny bottles because I use it so infrequently.

I also wanted to concur with the grenadine statement and broaden it to questioning the use of a "float" for any drink (that is not ignited). I just don't understand floats.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home