Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hurrican Leah

Now the Hurricane was a good drink, but this drink is the sort of thing that I tend to think of going with the name Hurricane. It's the Southern version of the Long Island Iced Tea. The color is disgusting, the ingredients seemingly random, but somehow it works. It's not even all that alcoholic, unless you have a generous pour.

Recipe:
.25 oz Light Rum (Bacardi Silver)
.25 oz Gin (Tanqueray I think...)
.25 oz Vodka (Skyy)
.25 oz Tequila (Sauza Hornitos)
.25 oz Blue curacao (Dekyupers)
Dash Cherry Brandy
1.5 oz simple syrup
1.5 oz lemon juice
3 oz OJ

Pour into an ice-filled hurricane glass and stir. Garnish with an orange wheel.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm staring at this drink kind of mystified as to how you arrived at a sickly green color. I'll have to try mixing this myself.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Cocktail Jen said...

I was pretty surprised myself at how it came out. I think the spash of blue curacao and the juices are what do it.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home