Saturday, May 06, 2006

Chinese Cocktail

As I was making this, I wondered why it was called a Chinese cocktail. None of the ingredients are particularly Asian, after all.

However, the moment I poured it into the glass, the reason became clear. The color is an intense orangish red.

Otherwise, it's ok. Rather like a maraschino cherry. I was surprised that the Maraschino flavor came through so strongly. The dark rum blends nicely with it, too.

1 Tbsp Grenadine (Rose's)
1.5 oz Jamaican rum (I used Gosling's Bermuda black rum)
1 dash bitters
1 tsp Maraschino Liqueur
1 tsp Triple Sec

1 Comments:

Blogger Cocktail Jen said...

Yeah, it's been on my to-do to make some Pom-based grenadine for a while. I don't really love grenadine in general, so it's been hard to get passionate about it (maybe because I've only had Rose's?) I'm thinking I'll have a big bottling session this weekend, along with the limoncello I keep meaning to make.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home