Monday, May 08, 2006

Boston Caribbean Coffee



Mx Monday

The Art of Drink blog is hosting a Mixology Monday, topic: coffee.
So continuing with my blog's theme, I checked Mr. Boston for a coffee-based rum drink. In the "Hot Drinks" section, I found the Boston Caribbean Coffee.

I'm a bit late to the game here, howeer. I started this drink around 8pm, which is really too late for me to be drinking coffee, but this one sounded worth it. Dark rum has really been growing on me (this may be a result of the fact that a lot of rum drinks made with light rum in Mr. Boston are unspectacular), so this one sounded interesting.

This was a pretty good drink, actually. The dark rum and cinnamon provided a hint of spice, and the Creme de Cacao provided a decent amount of sweetness--I like my coffee pretty sweet. So even if this drink keeps me up until 2am, I'd say it was worth it.

And I swear there is a cinnamon stick in there. It dived under the cream when I went to get the camera.

Recipe:
1 oz dark rum (Gosling's)
1 oz Creme de Cacao, dark (Potter's)
Hot coffee
Pour first two ingredients into a sugar-rimmed Irish coffee glass. Fill with coffee. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Add a cinnamon stick to stir.

1 Comments:

Blogger G said...

That really does sound good to me.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home