Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Limoncello

My husband and I took our honeymoon in Italy. We spent a week in Venice. We stayed on the island of Murano, the place where they make all the fancy glass, and just a short vaporetto (water bus) ride from the main island.

But outside of tourist hours, Murano is basically a residential community. Which means that there was exactly one restaurant open for dinner after the last vaporetto. I wish I remembered the name of the place, but really, if you go to Murano, you can't really miss it. The island just isn't that big.

Anyway, besides introducing us to some incredible seafood and the wonders of the Affogato tartufo, the waiter one night insisted on offering us a digestif of limoncello, on the house. It was warming and intensely flavored. So linoncello holds a special place in my heart.

So when I read this post at the ReadyMade blog, I knew that I have to try it myself soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home