Monday, March 06, 2006

2 for 1: Beachcomber and Bermuda Triangle

I'm officially committed to the comprehensive Mr. Boston tour. However, for the sake of frequent posting I'm going to have to backtrack a little bit later on when I get a chance to find some apple brandy, which our local BevMo had none of.

Anyway, our first drink is the Beachcomber. Think of this one as a tropical Cosmopolitan, basically. Both have a clear spirit, triple sec, and a citrus. However, this version couldn't leave well enough alone and adds both grenadine and simple syrup. Oh yes, and a sugared rim. Whoo-hoo, screw you, Atkins!

The recipe calls for a lime wheel garnish which makes no sense to me, as there is no lime in the drink. But now I do have pineapple on hand, and I loooooooove pineapple. So in it went.

This time my husband was joining me, so I made a double. I sipped mine slowly, but my husband gulped his down in about two minutes. I suppose that for a strong drink, it does go down smoothly.
Recipe:
1.5 oz light rum (Bacardi Silver)
.5 oz Triple Sec (DeKuyper's)
.5 oz Grenadine (Rose's)
.5 oz simple syrup
.5 oz lemon juice
Sugar the rim of a cocktail glass. Shake with ice and strain into the glass. Garnish with lime (or in my case, delicious, lovely pineapple).
Next up, the Bermuda Triangle. Sounds like an exciting, dangerous, mysterious drink, right?
Wrong.
What can I say? It's a Fuzzy Navel but with a little spiced rum. A tiny bit of spiced rum. Not even enough booze to get you started. A resounding "Meh."

Recipe:
1 oz Peach Schnapps (DeKuyper)
.5 oz Spiced Rum (Captain Morgan)
3 oz orange juice.

Pour over ice into an old-fashioned glass. There you go. Now you have to drink it. Hah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home